Teacher Portfolio Evaluation
1. The teacher is considering the university as part of his property devoting 100% of his time for the development of learning process and implementing scientific development so as to consider his working hours ideal as compared to his peers.
· 1 point for working hours at university. If the head of the department supported that the teacher has ideal working hours s/he will have 1 point.
· 2 points for being a member in a committee. If the teacher was a member of one committee by the presidency of the university, or 2 committees by the college or 2 committees by the department annually, s/he will get 2 points.
· 1 point for having office- hours. If the teacher has supervised a project and his/her students were meeting him/her on regular basis; if the teacher was available after finishing his/her lectures and the students were able to see him/her, the teacher would get 1 point.
· 1 point for appreciation letters. If the teacher has an appreciation letter from: the minister, the university president, the dean, or the head of the department s/he would get 1 point.
2. The teacher gives importance to education progress and students’s attendance, and he/she compensates for any missed lectures.
· If the teacher has taught all the syllabus of the current year, s/he will get 2 points. If the teacher has asked for a leave and did not compensate for it then s/he will get zero for this part.
· If the teacher has submitted the register to the department of filled the register in a good way s/he will get 2 points. If the teacher was less meticulous s/he will get no points.
· If the teacher showed up in the department when he did not have classes, s/he will get one point, otherwise zero will be counted in this part. This point also includes the days when the students did not show up like the days of the exams.
3. The teacher focuses on quality, and has given good efforts to ensure the good quality of education.
· The teacher submitted the course-book on time, s/he will get 1 point.
· The teacher has participated in the portfolio’s evaluation, or in an activity related to the Quality Assurance process helping the college coordinator, s/he will get 1 point.
· If the teacher has presented one seminar, s/he will get 1 point.
· If the teacher has attended 5 seminars, or presented a workshop and attended 3 seminars, or attended 5 workshops and seminars, s/he will get 1 point.
· If the teacher has Question-Banks, s/he will get one point.
4. At the beginning of the year, the teacher has prepared the course-book for the subjects he/she is teaching clarifying the principles and the objectives for the students.
· Before the start of the year, the teacher has prepared the course-books for all the subjects then s/he will get 3 points.
· If the teacher has uploaded all the course-books in e-version to his/her academic profile, s/he will get 2 points.
· For any shortcoming, 1 point will be deducted.
5. The teacher has marked, calculated, and submitted final results to the department in required time lucidly.
· If the teacher submitted the final marks in due time, s/he will get 3 points.
· If the marks were clear and the marks’s list has been submitted to the department, then s/he will get 1 point.
· If the teacher has submitted the answer sheets for the final in due time, then s/he will get 1 point.
6. The teacher is thinking critically and takes counter-criticism into consideration.
· Is the teacher’s style of teaching traditional or not? If all the marks were distributed only on exams, s/he will not get points. If marks were distributed on seminars, papers and, different activities that the teacher required the students to do, then s/he will get 2 points.
· In time of giving any criticism, if the teacher is open-minded in accepting this criticism and tries to correct the defect in his/her character, then s/he will get 2 points.
· If the philosophy of teaching is clear and is written is a lucid way in his profile, the teacher will get 1 point.
7. The teacher is not discriminating among students and keeping balance, and the students are generally satisfied.
· If the teacher has passed in the overall results of the feedback (the average of all subjects’s feedback) s/he will get 2 points.
· In this current academic year the teacher had no complains filed to the head of the department or the dean from students in terms of the teacher’s performance and his/her method of teaching, then s/he will get 2 points.
· 1 point will be given by the head of the department decides if the teacher has kept balance among students.
8. The teacher does not allow any interference in students’s affairs, and his/her decisions are objective.
· The evaluation committee will give decision on this point.
9. The teacher is helpful with his colleagues and the employees, and s/he is open-minded and respectful towards them.
· If the teacher had no complains from any employee or colleague in the current academic year, then s/he will get 1 point.
· If the teacher has actively participated in committees, then s/he will get 1 point.
· If the teacher was helping enthusiastically in departmental affairs, then s/he will get 2 points.
· If the teacher was helpful for others, the Quality Assurance coordinator, (department or college) can give 1 point when the teacher is helpful for others.
10. The teacher is an expert in his/her own specialization, showing academic competence as a successful academic who can be taken as a role model.
· 1 point if the teacher is good in managing his/her time. Meaning in attendance and finishing required tasks on time.
· 1 point for preparing and submitting the course-book and Question-Banks on time.
· 1 point for using PPTs in preparing for classes and lectures.
· 1 point for using the university email and other electronic services provided by the university for the teacher.
· 1 point for publishing a paper in this current academic year.
· 2 points for training courses for each title.
· 1 point for giving training courses for each title.
· Training course section must not exceed 4 points in total.
11. The teacher is following instructions from the senior management staff properly; and any other assigned tasks in addition to teaching will be accomplished in due time.
· 2 point for being in a college committee and at least 2 departmental committees.
· 2 points for being in a presidency committee and 1 college committee.
· 2 points for being in a committee (university, college, department) and 1 appreciation letter from the department.
· 2 points for an appreciation letter from the presidency or college and 1 departmental committee.
· 1 point for a departmental committee, 2 points for a college committee and a presidency committee. These points are not to exceed a total of 4 given for committees.
· 1 point for an appreciation letter from the head of the department. 2 points for university president and the dean, given that not more than 2 points to be given for appreciation letters.
· The teacher might meet some of the above-mentioned criteria.
12. The teacher is enthusiastically helping the head of department in introducing general policy, also evolving education quality and enriching Quality Assurance’s expertise.
· 2 points for completing the academic profile.
· 2 points for submitting the course-book and the Question-Banks in their due time to the Directorate of Quality Assurance.
· 2 points for using the electronic system offered by the university (Eboard) or (Google site).
13. The teacher is active in writing research papers, and his/her papers are presented in Iraq and internationally.
· 2 points for published paper or accepted for publishing in a national conference.
· 3 points for publishing 2 papers or having them confirmed to be published in a national conference.
· 3 points for published paper or accepted for publishing in a international conference.
· 4 points for published paper or accepted for publishing in a local journal.
· 5 points for having more than one published or accepted for publishing i in a local journal.
· 5 points for publishing a paper or accepted for publication in an international conference beside having a paper published or having it to be published in a local journal.
14. The teacher’s papers are of international credibility and are published in international journal.
· 3 points for published paper or accepted for publishing in an international journal (without IF).
· 5 points for having more than one published or accepted for publishing in an international journal (without IF).
· 5points for publishing a paper or accepted for publishing in an international journal (with IF).
· 2 points for reviewing a paper in an international journal (without IF).
· 3 points for reviewing more than a paper in an international journal (without IF).
· 3 points for reviewing a paper in an international journal (with IF).
· 4 points for reviewing more than a paper in an international journal (with IF).
· 2 points for publishing a book locally given that it is not paper of the curriculum.
· 3 points for publishing a book that is part of the curriculum.
· 4 pints for publishing a book internationally.
15. The teacher is involved in media as well as professional, social, and charity activities outside university. Also, the teacher is active in any other type of activities that s/he sees good and convenient.
· 1 point for any activity outside the university.
· 2 points for interviews in media.
16. The teacher is active in paperless services.
· 1 point for using any of the bellow services
o The university email.
o Academic profile.
o Teacher’s portfolio.
o Google scholar account.
o ORCID ID.
o The teacher has used his picture for his/her email account.
· 1 point will be deducted if the teacher did not use any of the above mentioned.
· 1 point will be deducted if the teacher is not using the university’s email account, but using other accounts instead.
1. In all circumstances, appreciation letters and committees are doubled when it is officially ranked higher than other committees. Appreciation letters from the ministry or the presidency can substitute a committee.
2. Giving a training course will substitute a presidency committee.
3. Participating in a course can substitute a college or a departmental committee.
4. Each question above is out of 5 points.
QA Handbook >